Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SpotOn Inclusive?
"SpotOn Inclusive" is a contactless thermal visual scanner powered by the deep learning-based SPOTON software developed by GovTech. The modular assembly of "SpotOn Inclusive" creates work opportunities for persons with special needs as well as low-income persons.
2. How does "SpotOn Inclusive" differ from other face temperature detection technologies?
"SpotOn Inclusive" enables fast and accurate mass temperature screening by screening up to 10 people at any one time with an accuracy of ±0.3-0.5°C (within a 1.5-2m range) in both indoor and outdoor environments. The accuracy range of "SpotOn Inclusive" in temperature sensing was verified in calibration tests conducted with the National Metrology Centre (NMC).
When an individual’s temperature exceeds a pre-defined threshold of 37.5°C, "SpotOn Inclusive" will trigger an alarm and send an e-mail alert to the venue operator. "SpotOn Inclusive" can also detect and indicate when an individual is not wearing a face mask.
These features ensure operators are alerted to potential high temperature cases while minimising in-person contact and time spent on manual temperature checks.
3. How easy is it to configure and activate the solution for use? Do we need an expert or just about anyone can do it? And how long does it take to get it working?
It is a plug-and-play solution. Configuration is simple and takes only about five minutes, without the assistance of a specialist.
4. Do I need a particular technology to use "SpotOn Inclusive"?
There is no additional technology required to run "SpotOn Inclusive". Please refer to the next question below for the complete list of hardware and software required to configure and run "SpotOn Inclusive".
5. What is the hardware specification of "SpotOn Inclusive"?
"SpotOn Inclusive"E consists of an infrared camera, printed circuit board and RGB-Depth camera. A type C to USB 3.1 cable for the RGB camera and a Micro USB to USB cable for the infrared camera are also included in the kit. Please refer to
https://www.tech.gov.sg/files/Annex-A-SPOTON-product-factsheet.pdf for more information and features.
6. As a user, what hardware/software or technology will I need on my end to deploy "SpotOn Inclusive"?
As a user, you need to have the following hardware and software ready to configure "SpotOn Inclusive" for use:
1) PC Laptop (Minimum specifications: Intel i5 Windows PC, USB 3.1 port).
2) Reliable thermometer for calibration (GovTech recommends a Health Sciences Authority (HSA)-certified thermometer to ensure accuracy, for e.g. CEM DT-8806H non-contact infrared thermometer).
3) Monitor or any other display screen to display results (optional but highly recommended).
4) Tripod to mount SPOTON INCLUSIVE from an optimal height (optional).
Software (download links provided with purchase)
1) Configurator (configurator.exe) to calibrate the thermal scanner for use with the main "SpotOn Inclusive" application.
2) "SpotOn Inclusive" software (spoton.exe) to run the thermal scanner application.
7. Since "SpotOn Inclusive" employs facial detection technology, will my privacy be “invaded”? Will it track my whereabouts?
No. "SpotOn Inclusive" employs a facial detection technology and not facial recognition. This means that the machine uses Artificial Intelligence algorithms to differentiate between human faces and objects for accurate thermal sensing. The technology does not identify nor track individuals.
8. What is the recommended distance for detecting a person’s temperature?
The recommended distance for maximum accuracy is 2 metres from where "SpotOn Inclusive" is set up for use.
9. What happened when the software detects a face with a high temperature?
"SpotOn Inclusive" will trigger a sound alert and automatically take and save a snapshot of the detected person. All captured photos are saved in a folder in the computer connected to "SpotOn Inclusive" and will need to be deleted manually in compliance with prevailing Data Protection privacy regulations.
10. Is there an option for rental?
Rental of "SpotOn Inclusive" is currently unavailable.
11. Is installation and training provided for "SpotOn Inclusive"?
For orders within Singapore, a one-time setup and same-day onsite training will be provided.
12. Is a laptop included with purchase of "SpotOn Inclusive"
No. The laptop will have to be provided on your own.